A liaison officer is the one who acts as a medium between two organizations and helps them to coordinate or communicate between themselves. He acts as official go-between senior officers of the two organizations. As per the ISC or International Standardization Council, the liaison officer is usually appointed to any SDO or Standard Developing Organization and any of the related national bodies. But, before the appointment of a liaison officer, a resolution needs to be passed in ISC with the majority vote and approval coming from co-chairs. Well, you may be wondering about the role and responsibility of a liaison officer.
Duties And Responsibilities Of A Liaison Officer:
The following are some of the duties and responsibilities to be performed by liaison officer:
- He acts under the ISC co-chairs to control or coordinate the related standard activities
- He helps to facilitate communication between the liaison organization and the CSA. To make this possible, the officer offers valuable advice to liaison organization on the various principles, purposes, and projects of the CSA.
- A liaison officer needs to have a complete information or knowledge about CSA research projects or CSA that encompasses project leadership or on the stages of the project.
- When it comes to the meetings of liaison organization, the liaison officer is active. He stays active in the organization and attends all the key meetings.
- He is responsible for supporting the strategic partnership between the two organizations by offering valuable advice and helping in knowledge management. He also provides technical assistance for the best management of the concerned project. The officer may perform a variety of functions in an organization including project planning, project coordination, proper reporting, and monitoring.
- He acts under the ISC co-chairs authority
- He abides by the policies, procedures, and processes stated by CSA. For the interest of CSA, he acts ethically and professionally.
- He never contributes to any of the CSA intellectual property. He cannot also sign an agreement in general if he wants.
A liaison officer is responsible for representing in the meetings of CSA. He is an authorized CSA representative.